Measuring farm performance
Working with farmers and rural professionals, a mix of ten financial and production key performance indicators (KPIs) were identified as fundamental to measuring the performance of a farm business.
The KPIs are designed to enable year-on-year trends to be identified on-farm and benchmarked within a region and farm class.
This short video explains more about the easy-to-use online KPI Calculators.
The KPIs are available as online tools that allow you to enter your own farm data, then view and track farm performance. To access the tools you'll need to create an account (it's free and quick) or log in to your existing B+LNZ account - under 'My dashboard'. Click below.
Nine core farm performance measures
- Animal production performance %
- Flock/herd efficiency
- Lamb scanning to weaning losses
- Gross Farm Revenue (GFR) per effective hectare
- Farm Working Expenditure (FWE) per effective hectare
- Farm Working Expenditure (FWE) Ratio
- Earnings Before Interest Taxes Rents and Paid Managers Salary (EBITRm)
- Net production per effective hectare
- Live weight gain