Why RMPP is investing in training for rural professionals
Over the past 30 years the sheep and beef sector has made big leaps in productivity. Some of these gains can be attributed to participation in discussion groups, farmer field days, information on industry websites and the range of other ways farmers get their ideas and advice.
However, as farmers face more complex issues and we explore more about how farmers learn, we're here to help those providing support services improve their skills in facilitating conversations with farmers and between farmers. These conversations and support that are critical to help farmers:
- Feel confident in a decision they are about to make on-farm
- Own their own solutions to problems, and
- Grow their knowledge on a subject and apply the new learning to their own situation.
Lead Facilitator workshop
A two-day workshop aimed at improving the knowledge and skills for rural professionals looking at leadership roles within their communities.
Gain an understanding of what facilitation is all about and learn the skills required to effectively facilitate groups and learning. This will enable you to work with farmers to help them build the confidence they need to increase practice change on-farm.
What you'll learn
The art and science of facilitation
- How to adopt a facilitation mindset
- The tools and techniques required for working with groups
- How to design questions that engage, provoke and liberate
- How to apply facilitation in other settings e.g. meetings
The ways we learn
- How to understand and acquire skills and develop knowledge
- How the brain learns
- How neuroscience and behavioral psychology can help us
- Strategies to facilitate real learning
- Key elements of an effective learning programme
- How to design for maximum learning
- How to use Information and experts
- How to design and outline an event you are going to run
A practical and interactive workshop limited to 15 people
$500 + GST per person
Locations and dates
There are no further workshops scheduled at this stage, however if you are interested please contact Diane Falconer on email@example.com or 027 275 9372.
RMPP Action Network Fundamentals and Extension Design
A two day workshop for rural professionals or farmers looking to run an Action Group/s under RMPP Action Network. Training includes designing and managing an extension programme to increase farmer participation in their own learning and apply this to their own business.
There are no workshop dates available or scheduled.
- Maximum of 15 attendees per workshop
- Participants pay for their own travel and accommodation along with the workshop fee
“I’ve been a facilitator at field days and seminars for a number of years as part of my farm consultancy role. I wasn’t sure what value I would get out of facilitator training. However, these new courses really challenged me to reflect on my facilitation style.
I now have a number of new tools to use when facilitating farmer discussions and groups that will add value to both their business and mine. It was a great chance to get some formal facilitation training after many years of learning on