Rural Professional Action Groups
RMPP are forming four Rural Professional Action Groups aimed at providing professional development support to assist those working with red meat sector farmers.
Each rural professional is eligible for funding of $2,000 which is pooled into a group fund to pay for facilitator and expert advice.
Groups are limited to 12 members with participation in activities four-six times per year as determined by the group. Groups will be based in the Waikato, Lower North Island, Canterbury and Southland regions.
Regions are subject to change, they will be determined based on the location of successful applicants.
Groups will base their activities around one of the following topics (identified as crucial to rural professionals over the next five years):
- Farm systems
The benefits gained from being involved in the group are:
- Involvement in a professionally facilitated, results focused group
- Connection to trusted, independent expertise
- Ability to tap into knowledge and expertise of other rural professionals
- Building your network
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to join a Rural Professional Action Group:
- Currently working in the red meat sector
- Less than nine years' experience working as a rural professional in the red meat sector
- Not currently participating in an RMPP Action Network Action Group
- Agree to develop a personal development plan within two months of the group being formed
- Agree to pay $500 + GST to the group fund upon commencement of the Action Group
- Commit to completing six monthly online surveys